Welcome back to the 2020-2021 school year! Our first day of school is on Thursday, September 10th. We are looking forward to welcoming Cohort A students back into school for in-person learning on that day and please note that this is a 12:00 pm dismissal and lunch will not be provided. On Friday, September 11th, we will welcome our Cohort B students for in-person learning and Friday will be a full day of school for students. Please note that all remote live learning sessions will begin on Monday, September 14th.
Forms Going Home
On the first Cohort A and Cohort B days, the below forms will go home with your child. If your child is fully virtual, you will receive all the forms once we schedule your pick up of materials. Should you need some of the forms ahead of time, a link is listed below. The forms you will receive are:
We will follow the advice of Dr. Le Guillou, our school district doctor, regarding guidance on the use of masks. Staff and students are expected/encouraged to bring their own face coverings. They should be at least 2 layers of cloth or surgical style masks. Exhaust masks will not be permitted. Masks will be provided by the district for anyone who does not have a proper face covering.
Virtual Open House
This year our Open House will be hosted virtually as follows:
- Grades 3-5th 6:30 pm Monday, September 14th
- Grades K-2nd 6:30pm Tuesday, September 15th
This is a wonderful opportunity for you to hear about this year’s curriculum and meet your child’s teacher. I will be sending you more information with the links to the individual Google meetings later this week.
We are in the process of prioritizing the lending out of devices based on the survey Dr. Champ sent out last week. We hope to have a procedure in place this week. If you still have a device from last year please drop if off at the school. It will need to be updated before being used for this year.
It is important that everyone follow the arrival and dismissal procedures that were outlined in the Opening Logistics letter I sent last week. You could help us at home by doing the following:
- Your child should arrive each day wearing their mask
- Each child should be holding their Student Health Questionnaire in their hand. Remember to take their temperature the night before and fill out the form so it is ready to go in the morning.
- Dismissal tags should be in the window of the car OR in hand if you are walking. If you did not receive one please write your child’s full name and the teacher’s name on a blank sheet of paper and have it with you. I will send additional tags in the upcoming weeks.
- If a caregiver or relative will be picking up your child PLEASE make sure they know your child’s class.
- Discuss your individual arrival and dismissal procedures at home before school so children know what to expect.
I will be sending a student video to children on Wednesday to help explain the procedures. Please take the time to watch it with them. This year has certainly been challenging but together we can help to make the start of school a smooth transition for all!